The first step is to install the gas detector in an area where there may be gas leakage. The installation of the gas detector must be firm and the installation position is determined according to the specific gravity of the measured gas relative to the air. Because the specific gravity of the measured gas is less than air, the detector should Installed 30 ~ 60cm away from the ceiling. Fix the detector to the wall with expansion screws.
However, in order to ensure the correct use of the detector to prevent its failure, the following are precautions (places that are not easy to install):
- Where the temperature is below -40 ℃ or above 70 ℃
- Places with large air flow such as air inlets, ventilating fans, room doors, etc.
- Where there is a lot of water vapor and water droplets (relative humidity: more than 90%)
- Places directly affected by steam and oil fume
The second step is wiring: The wiring should use highly shielded wires to prevent electrical signals from being disturbed. Place the wires well and open the top cover.
- The gas detector of the gas detector generally adopts a three-wire transmission system. The positive pole of the power supply is marked with (“VCC” terminal), the signal line (the terminal marked with “SIG”), and the negative pole of the power supply (terminal marked with “GND” ) Correspond to the “24-20mAIN” set of terminals of the access channel module labeled “24V, mA and GND”. The chassis ground (shielding network of the cable) is well grounded. After connecting the wires, fasten the chassis.
- Startup: After wiring is completed, supply power to the detector. Immediately after starting, the reading will stabilize from overrange to stable reading, which takes about 15 minutes.
Gas detector manufacturers remind you that in addition to the correct installation, you should also understand simple maintenance.
- Sensor maintenance: Generally, re-inspection and calibration should be performed within half a year to one year after installation and a test report will be issued by the testing party.
- When the sensor of the gas detector loses its sensitivity, it needs to be replaced. The metal tube float flowmeter, turbine flowmeter, vortex flowmeter will be calibrated regularly to know whether the sensor has failed. When the calibration value does not reach the standard gas value, replace the sensor.
- The overall inspection of the gas detector: The detector should be checked regularly. The signal current in clean air is DC4mA (end).