A1550 Hydrogen, Helium, Argon and Xenon Gas Analyser
A1550 gas analysers accurately measure the percentage levels of one gas in a binary or pseudo-binary mixture.
Examples include hydrogen, carbon dioxide, argon, helium and various halogenated hydrocarbons such as Freons. Almost any single constituent of a gas mixture can be measured, providing its thermal conductivity differs from that of the other components. Ranges from high ppm to 100% are possible, depending on the gas being measured.
A katharometer sensor measures the thermal conductivity of the gas. The sensor incorporates a highly sensitive, non-depleting element of low thermal capacity, which requires no maintenance. Signal processing and temperature compensation are provided by a microprocessor to give a level of accuracy and a range not normally associated with this type of sensor. Little or no calibration is required because of the system’s inherent high stability.
- Gases measured include: hydrogen, helium, argon, carbon dioxide, krypton, neon and Xenon
- Proven technology from the katharometer experts
- Maintenance-free sensor
- Corrosive gas sensor options
- Non-depleting remote sensor
- Fixed and variable compensation options
- Measured values are presented on a large, clear LCD which also displays messages and prompts for the menu driven configuration and calibration routines
- Two concentration alarms provide visual (LED) indication and volt-free changeover contacts; they are user-configurable for function (high, low or off) and hysteresis value
- A high level 4 to 20mA output is provided; the span can be user programmed on most models
- The instrument is packaged in a standard DIN panel mounting enclosure (96 x 144mm) with an optional locking door to IP54 sealing standard; the sensor can either be mounted within the enclosure or remotely, depending upon the application
- For hazardous area applications, the sensor may be mounted remotely in the hazardous area and connected to the electronics unit in the safe area through a suitable MTL intrinsically safe interface
Certifications and compliances
- Ex II 2G EEx d IIB + H2 T6 -40°C ≤ Ta ≤ 40°C
- Ex II 2G EEx d IIB + H2 T3 -40°C ≤ Ta ≤ 150°C
- Ex II 1GD [EEx ia] IIC T6 -20°C ≤ Ta ≤ 60°C
- Ex II 2GD EEx d IIC T6 (85°C) or T5 (100°C)
- IP65 housing (remote sensor)